Just a Little While Longer

How can you snap a photo of a rainbow?
and
Avoid the Creator?

How can you carry a baby in your womb?
and
Deny the Maker?

How can you go on vacation?
where
the water is aqua and the sand is white
and
Deny His majestic works?

Are you right about now saying:
"Oh wait hold on now, I believe there is a God?"
  And
then out of the other side of your mouth say:
"I don't want to talk about God, there are some things I just don't want to talk about, or discuss."

You know, you are only able to discuss, because of the mouth you were given,
 and you only have that voice to make that statement because of what you've been given.
 A mouth and voice given by God, your maker.

How come it's ok to push Him aside day after day, 
time and time again?
What do you do when push comes to shove?
Like when your spouse tells you he's going to leave you
 or the diagnosis you just received about your child's  health?


 Is that when you turn from avoidance to some sort of acceptance?


Why do we turn our back on Him?

He doesn't do that to us.
When those emergencies come,
 He's right there waiting, hearing, listening and answering.

My mind wanders...
Why should He?
 Come through with an answer, when all I do is turn my back and walk the other way.
Why because He's overflowing with grace, and mercy, and love, and hope
 and... and... and...
It's what He does. It's what He is all about.

I know you throw those prayers out there, and up there, and wonder if there heard.
 Wonder if they will be answered.
  You leave it all up to wonder, chance, and maybe's.

I sit back and think...
What if Jesus left me up for wonder for a "well maybe, or another time, another day."
"Maybe I'll take this cross for her?"
 "Hmm, let me think about it for a little while longer.?"

What are you going to do when your
 "Just a little while longer" runs out?

Once you have your career all set, 
your savings account well rounded up?
Your time all adjusted and organized, 
your family just so, the white picket fence?
 When my spouse is on board, my life in order, and just so?
Just then, maybe then, I'll think about all this God stuff.

I pray for you.
I pray it's not to late for you when that just so right time comes.

This place here, right now is not our home.
Our home is eternal heaven or eternal hell.
Oh and another thing
 this wonderful free will your given
 to take life and do what you want with it,
 your also given the free will to decide your eternal fate.

Yep you, the one in control, the one who has it all planned out right.
Yep you, who decides everything day in and day out. 
Go ahead and decide.
 Your eternal fate.

Turn from avoidance to acceptance


"For in just a little while, the Coming One will come and not delay.
Hebrews 10:37 NLT

Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.
"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.
 Matthew 24:35-36 NLT


 Additional reading:
 Proverbs 16, Luke 22:42. John 12:35


*Images taken from Google Images


No comments:

Post a Comment