The Little Mermaid

Ariel in the movie The Little Mermaid,
 her and I  have similar story lines.
The only difference Arial's story is just that a story.
Mine is reality.

In her world, under the sea, was normal.
In her world, under the sea, she had her family.
In her world, under the sea, she had it all.

All, so she was told.

In my world, as a Jehovah's Witness, was normal.
In my world, as a Jehovah's Witness, I had my family.
In my world, as a Jehovah's Witness, I had it all.

All, so I was told.

Ariel, she took a chance and looked above, she looked beyond her boundaries and discovered what she was told was a forbidden world. A forbidden world above the sea.

That world. Those humans, they will hurt you, they won't understand.
 You will have no part of that world!
 She was told.

Ariel wanted more!
I wanted more!

What would Ariel give? What would Ariel pay?
 What would Ariel do? To be apart of a that world?
That world above the sea.

What would I give, what would I pay,
 what would I do, to be apart of that world?
The world right outside my window.
You don't get to far, when your friends, your activities, 
your total being and existance is decided for you.

Oh, the times I sat and wondered, when is it my turn?
My turn to experience what I feel so pulled to do.
Oh, the times I wished I could be apart of that world.

Easy? No
Confusing? Yes
Answers? Soon

You make an informed decision, 
a choice, and you don't look back.
If you want to move forward. You can't look back.
Lot's wife looked back. Genesis 19:26

Determined? Yes.
Courageous? Absolutely!
Willing? Yes.
Glad I did? Absolutely! 

Going above and beyond.
Coming up for air, 
and breathing my first breath in a new world.
Indescribable!

Those humans in that world that was cut off from me, the ones Ariel and I were told would hurt you and will never understand.  That world we were told we would never be allowed to be apart of.

We became apart of it.
We risked, and went forward.
We entered a world we knew very little about.

In our journeys...
Aerial found love in a prince named Erik.


I found love in a King named Jesus.
He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. 
 1 Timothy 6:15, Revelation 19:16

I've let God transform me into a new person by changing the way I think.
Romans 12:2.

Come be a part of a world
 where you are 
 free.
No longer wishing you could be
part of that world.

What would you give if you could live out of the chains of rules and dictations?
What would you pay to spend a day, knowing you are forgiven by grace and not works?
Ephesians 2;8,9

When will you be ready to stand?
Ready to know what the people know.
Ask God the questions and get the answers from Him and not man.
I had my turn.
When will it be your turn?




*Part of Your World 
The Little Mermaid
Watch it on Youtube

**All Images taken from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment