Birthdays x 2

My dad was born on Feb. 29 in a leap year.
However on his birth certificate,
his date of birth is indicated as Feb. 28, 1936.
Next year 2012 will be a leap year.
My dad would only be 19 years old.
In "regular" years,
he would be 75  years old, this coming up week.
We weren't a family who celebrated birthdays each year.
However, I do celebrate them now!
I would like this blog to be a tribute to my dad, for all the years we missed celebrating!

So in tribute to him, I want to look at the most important birthday on the calendar.
December 25th.

Which is it?
Immanuel,
or Emmanuel,
or Jesus?  >All are correct

Immanuel-Hebrew  (Isaiah 7:14)
KJV- King James Version

-Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel

Old Testament *
Immanuel = "God with us" or "with us is God"
1) symbolic and prophetic name of the Messiah, the Christ, prophesying that He would be born of a virgin and would be 'God with us.'

Emmanuel-Greek (Matthew 1:23)
KJV- King James Version

-Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 

New Testament*
Emmanuel = "God with us"
1) the title applied to the Messiah, born of the virgin.


The actual day of Jesus' birth has been a topic of debate for many years.
This controversy can make us lose our focus.

Some people all together deny Jesus came.
Some because of not knowing the actual day, because it's not,
"in the box" they've created, say;
"We don't celebrate because we don't know the actual day, we don't celebrate, because of the "bad" birthday situations in the bible.  (Take a peek at the previous Birthday posting.)

I, however believe He was born.
He was birthed on a day by the virgin Mary.
I consider it an honor and privilege
to celebrate His day
each year on December 25th.

Why?

When I sit and consider His birthday I rejoice and celebrate.
There are so many things that blow my mind!

God came to me, to us, took on this, my, our sinful flesh, walked with us, dwelled with us, all so that I, you would be saved.

The foundation of the faith I proclaim and the core, the Rock I stand on.

He never stopped being God, and also became man.  God-Man with US.

Why? For me. For you.

How?  I don't know, it's beyond my comprehension.  By faith I believe.

It's a topic I revel in!

Every December, Christian or Non, some way or another recognize that December is 'THE MONTH" and there is a day, (the 25th) that  IS
"The Reason for The Season."
It's a miracle! One to ponder! One to Celebrate!

Look at his names again...

ImMANuel !
EmMANuel !
JesUS !


GOD WITH US!
WITH US IS GOD!
AS A MAN!

Happy Birthday Dad!
I miss you!
I love you!
I don't know what happens in those last seconds from, here on earth, and our time before You.
But I will always think of
the one man on the cross next to
JesUS,< = > GOD knew his heart.
"Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth , today you will be with me in paradise."

Luke 23: 42,43 NIV-New International Version- (emphasis added-) mine

My cry, my prayer:
Just call on His Name!





*References taken from www.blueletterbible.org

No comments:

Post a Comment