Good Friday

"Your sins are forgiven!"
"Why does this man talk like that? He's blaspheming!"
"Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

Forgiven and Healed!

Who is able to forgive?
Who is able to heal?

God and God alone.

"The whole Sanhedrin were looking for false evidence 
against Jesus so that they could put him to death." 

Today a man, the Son of God, the Messiah was accused, tortured and killed for blasphemy.

What if the law and punishment for blasphemy today was death?
I know I would not be here.

Just tell us already! 

"How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly."

Just tell us the truth already!

Jesus answered, 
"I did tell you, but you do not believe...
I give them eternal life...
I and the Father are one."

Let it be known!

"We are not stoning you for any good work, 
but for blasphemy, because you a mere man, 
claim to be God."


They tried to kill Jesus because he claimed to be the Son of God.  
There is not a misunderstanding here.
Jesus' sonship is no ordinary one. 

There is ONE son.

Not many sons.
Not many created sons.
Not legions of created angel sons.

There is ONE son and with that carries and beholds the trademarks of deity.
The Jews understood this and Jesus did tell his words plainly just as they had asked.
They tried to kill Jesus because they understood his claim 
to be able to forgive sins 
to be a claim of equality with God.  
Jesus said he possess the authority to forgive a person's sins.

He was and is telling the truth.

Do you believe Him?

Jesus spoke truth.
Jesus is truth.
Jesus is life.
Jesus is the way.
Jesus is the way to eternal life.

Some didn't believe Him and they shouted, 

"He is worthy of death!"

He was spit in the face.
He was struck with fists.
He was slapped.
Many were horrified at what happened to him.  
His appearance was so disfigured that he did not look like a man, 
and his form did not resemble a human being.

He went through all of that for me.
He went through all of that for you.

When I came to realize and believe what today really means...
I realized and believed that God left heaven and came to earth to die for me and my sins.

He loves me and wants to be with me for all eternity 
and I want to be with Him for all eternity. 
And that is what makes this a Good Friday for me.



Mark 2, Matthew 26:59-63, John 10:24-33, John 14:6, Luke 5, Isaiah 52:14

No comments:

Post a Comment