Yes to Voting

"Will putting other men in office solve the problem?"
Is it not true that where there are free elections the men in power are usually voted out of office in a relatively few years?  Why?  A majority are not satisfied with their performance. (Reasoning from the scriptures copyright1985-Watchtower and Bible Tract Society)
Now I have to be honest, I am not one who readily keeps up on current political men and women in office.
However when voting time comes around, I do need to jump on the computer see who stands for what, were their values lie, pay attention to what those around me are saying. Ultimately I need to be seeking God's direction.
So in all the confusion that may come from TV ads, news reports, etc. all the wondering who to vote for.
Their should, no there will be a peace that comes over me, when I mark that ballot.
The peace of God that transcends all understanding. Philippians 4:7

If the individual,  I freely get to vote for, does not perhaps stand up to the values they portrayed, during their campaigning time.
I then again need to continue to direct my concerns (prayers) to the Lord.
He ultimately is in control, he can stop anything, and make anything go forward at any given time.
God is omnipresent and is with me, where ever I am, even at the voting booth.
Jeremiah 23:24 Can anyone hide from me in a secret place? Am I not everywhere in all the heavens and earth?" says the LORD. 
Psalm 139:7-10 I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.
English Standard Version (©2001)
 
Mayor Jim Schmitt in Green Bay has been elected for yet a 3rd term.
Why? Because the people freely voted.
To me I don't look at is as " I like him or her or I don't like him or her."
For me I look at the principles, value, morals, ethics,
and most of all I need to look at what it is I stand on,
concerning my faith and biblical values, set forth by God.
I have the free will to elect him or her again.

The United States has laws and some of our laws vary from state to state.
Some rules get passed and some don't.  New ones come up, and some alter over the years.  Our presidents of the United States. They are only allowed to run and be elected for 2 terms in a row.  Which is 4 years each term. So that is one reason why, we don't see individuals stay in office.

I am very thankful for those that are in office that stand for the sanctity of life.
I have 5 children that would tell you what about me? ...

Those in office yes there time is limited, and no they won't solve all the problems of the world. But there are some in office that do, or have made some things better for us.
However
There is One that can and will.
There is One that has rules that don't change nor will they ever change.
There is One that stands by His word.
There is One that is Faithful and Just.
There is One that is Righteous.
There is One that is Loyal.
There is One who will do what He says He will do.
There is One that offers a new hope a new living hope. 1 Peter 1:3

Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. Romans 13:2

Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience. Romans 13:5

As a matter of conscience-I will vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment