Vote-Yes, No, or Maybe?


"How can people get lasting relief from governmental corruption and oppression?"
"Will putting other men in office solve the problem?"
"Is it not true that where there are free elections the men in power are usually voted out of office in a relatively few years? Why? A majority are not satisfied with their performance."
"Government by God is the only real solution to the problems of mankind."
"The problems that need to be resolved require power, abilities, and qualities that no humans possess."
Statements above from: (Reasoning from the Scriptures Copyright 1985 Pg 153 topic: Government)

Today is an election day, and I was reminded of that from a dear friend.
The first time I voted was when I was 30.
If you were raised anything like me,
Your parents didn't vote any family or friends in your circle didn't vote.
Voting meant you were submitting yourself to this world,
and it's leaders, and not to God. You were worshiping them.
Making them an idol a god.
That all earthly leaders are followers of Satan.
Each wanting their own say in this world. Each wanting things done their way and not God's way.

You were quoted 1 John 5:19 from the New World Translation.
"No matter who the ruler is, he will still be part of this world that lies in Satan's power."
Thus we want no part of this world and we will not participate in anything involving government. Jehovah does not want us his chosen people, to conform to the ways of the government.

In my studying, and readings this is what God showed me in 1 John.
1 John 5:14,18b,-20 NIV
14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God:
that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
18bthe One who was born of God keeps them safe,
and the evil one cannot harm them.
19 We know that we are children of God,
and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.
20 We know also that the Son of God has come
and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true...
Also
Romans 13:1-2, 7b
 1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities,
for there is no authority except that which God has established.  
The authorities that exist have been established by God.
2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority
is rebelling against what God has instituted. 
7b... if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

I as a believer in Christ Jesus will respect and honor our governing authorities.
I will pray for them and ask God's direction on who I should vote for.
Regarding:
"The problems that need to be resolved require power, abilities, and qualities that no humans possess."
Romans 8:11 (NLT)
The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you.
Ephesians 1:19,20 (GWT)
You will also know the unlimited greatness of his power
as it works with might and strength for us, the believers.
He worked with that same power in Christ
when he brought him back to life
and gave him the highest position in heaven.

Resurrection Power! It is available to us, that same power!
Boy that blows my mind, but I believe it!
(How? You might wonder?  I'd love to share with you how.)
(Leave a comment and I will get in touch with you.)

I am that human here on earth living, walking, breathing, and wanting to have, and fulfill the abundant life that God has for me.
I have the power required! I have the ability!
I have the qualities! So graciously given to me by Christ Jesus!
So even though Satan has his time right now and he "thinks" he's ruling.
There is no comparison to The Ruling , The Authority, The Power, that God has, and is in control of, and that He can exert His Power at any given time He wants to!
So... Vote
-Maybe- out of the question
-No- Not an option
-YES!!!

2 comments:

  1. In my humble opinion, it is pure complacent laziness to not vote. With literally thousands of unborn babies lives at stake, how can we let 20 to 30 per cent of eligible voters decide who will make those life and death decisions. We are required by Scripture to be good citizens and a good citizen takes their responsibility (and privilege) seriously when they cast their ballot for their studied candidate. Excellent post, Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is our duty and responsibility to vote. I try to take me kids with me so they see their mom practice her responsibility. Do the research, pray, and make your decision. Then, trust the scripture you quoted from Romans 13:1 "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities,for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."
    I will continue to remind you that it is an election day every time my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete