The Fear of God or The Fear of Death

It was in the middle of his cancer treatments.
6 months of chemo and radiation.
Round after round.
And he said; "Let me tell you, it was The Fear of God that was put in me, that I knew from that point I wanted to live and never smoke again."
2 treatments left and I started smoking again.

She was headed to the emergency room in excruciating pain not knowing what was happening.
She said;
"I was rushed into surgery, I thought I was going to die. Everything I ever did wrong, all the times I used the bottom of the bottle to comfort me. Everything flashed before my eyes.
Was it my appendix?
The thoughts. Was it my liver, was it shutting down. No time for a transplant. 
At that time, I knew it was The Fear of God that came over me, I knew I would never go back to my lifestyle ever again, I'd give up that bottle once and for all."
She came out of surgery appendix removed. 
4 months later, still lonely, still scared, still looking for something, at the bottom of the bottle.

The Fear of God? or The Fear of Death?

The fear that comes over you in those times of diagnosis. Those times of emergency are so overwhelming.
In those moments, in those seconds of
"I may longer be here."
"No longer here for my family, with my family."
"What is going to happen to me?" 
 You scramble, you wonder, you are fearful. 
 Fearful of death!

Do you know where your going?

The fear of death is just that.
Scared. Afraid. Hopeless wonder. Fear.

The fear of God. 
Reverence. Respect. Obedience. Disciplined. Love.

Have you ever had fear come in, in a whirlwind furry
and you make a deal with God.
Or make a "promise" to God.
"Lord, if you let me live, I will never do that again!
I will give it up, I promise."
Only to find your back at it.
"Lord, if you do this for me, then I will do this for you!"
Only to find you didn't fulfill your deal or end of the bargain, your so called promise.
God is not a deal maker or deal breaker.

He is a God of promises.
He is a God of miracles.
He is a God of great wonder.
He is a God waiting to offer you an amazing gift.
The gift of life. Not death.

I know there will be that time.  That time of death. 
It's one of those inevitable things. Death and taxes.
You know it's coming. 
Some dread it, some look forward to it.
Death if you know where your going, your at peace with it.
If you don't know, you're scared. You wonder.
You don't know what to even  hope for.

As a former Jehovah's Witness you may still be; 
set on the belief, questioning the belief, or confused about the belief of the 144,000.
You may also be questioning and confused about Hell.
Is there a Hell, does it exist?
I am here to tell you today.

That there is a heaven.

And

 There is a hell.

Not according to my word.  But according to  God's words.
The Truth.

My devotion here at Veracity is just that 
Devotion to the truth.

When it comes to death you don't have to wonder, you don't have to worry.  You can be sure!
Sure of where your going. Sure of what heaven is all about.
Heaven.
It's not for a certain number.
It's not just for the spiritually elite.
It's home. It's a mansion.
There's a room there for you and for me.
It's already prepared.  The table is already set.
Your crown is waiting.
I don't want to get there and have the empty seat to the right or left of me and have a crown, now starting to collect dust, because you decided not to come.
See you get to decide!
Yes you get to decide if you want to come.
Come to heaven!
There's an invitation waiting for you.
Jesus asks us;
Will you lay down your life for me?
He says;
Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in me.*
There is more than enough room for you in my Father's home.  If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.
John 13:38, John 14:1-3 NLT (*my emphasis added)

I'm here. Wondering... 
What it is you struggle with?
What teachings are you confused about?
What truth do you need revealed?
What hold's you back from going forward?


If you are a former Jehovah's Witness, or one searching, come back here to Veracity
because I want to share with you the truth God has revealed to me about the 144,000.
I want to share with you the truth revealed to me about Hell.
I want to share with you the truth about His word.
There is so much truth that I want to share with you.

This is only the beginning.
The journey has just begun.
Just you wait and see what He will reveal to you to.


No comments:

Post a Comment