Focused

Each holiday season, brings different emotions.
Some years I'm focused and others not so much.
This is one of those not so much years.

As I began planning our Thanksgiving dinner and 
checking with each of the kids what favorite dishes they wanted on the table
 and which ones they would like to help prepare.

The feeling began to set in.

The frustrated, disappointed one.

The one where I am reminded
 that my children don't have grandparent houses to go too.
I don't bring a dish, I make the dishes.

The one where I am reminded
my family has been torn down to the 3rd and 4th generations.

But I buckle down and focus
on the things I am thankful for.

I am away from judgement. 
I am away from demands.
I am away and free to give Thanks.
I am no longer answering to man, I now answer to God.
I now
 am able to call, God; 
God
Mighty God
Jehovah
 Jesus
 Lord
 Wonderful Counselor
 Everlasting Father
 Prince of Peace.
I stand in Truth today.

Instead I remind myself and focus not only on 
what I've been delivered from
but what I am being delivered too.

FOCUSED.

As we settle in for our Thanksgiving meal
I look around the table and of course I am blessed.
 Beyond all measure.
Above, over, and abundantly.

FOCUSED.

But no family.
No mother, no father, no brothers, no aunts or uncles, 
no cousins for my kids to connect with.
Disappointed.
 Torn.

As the phone calls, e-mails, and Facebook messages come-in
  friends, and church family all ringing the same sound;
 "I know your busy running around, and so are we, but wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving."
I am blessed because they have thought of me.

They help keep me
FOCUSED.

As Thanksgiving ends and I begin the preparations for Christmas
I once again lose focus.
No houses or festive events to scurry to.
No grandparents
calling to say what can we get the kids.

See this cult destroys down into the generations.
It eats at the human psyche.
It leaves you frustrated, confused, and angry at times.
It makes you lose focus from time to time.
But see that's just what Satan wants
when your there he's got you.
Again!
Don't let him have this holiday season!
Take it back!
FOCUS.
Each time I come around this corner, or hit this wall.
I am reminded to forgive and focus.
Forgive because that's what Christ did for me.
Focus on what is unseen and what is to come.

I know 
that my future grandchildren
 they will not have to experience what it's like to not have grandparents 
not at just the holidays, but all through out the year
 and for that I am thankful.

Be focused this holiday season.
Forgive that sister or brother.
That mom or dad.
Those past hurts.
Those past regrets.
Why?  
Because you can.

Because it's what Christ did.
Christmas isn't Christmas
without Him.
Why do you think He came?


Focus and Forgive.





 Isaiah 9:6, Matthew 18:21-23, Luke 2, 2 Corinthians 4:18

1 comment:

  1. A great post, Melissa. A good reminder for all of us at this time of the year to reflect, focus and remember what is really important. Be richly blessed!

    ReplyDelete