Leaving Your Family Behind

Family. 
What does yours look like?
 Is the relationship good, thriving, and growing?
Sure we all have our issues.
 I'm not talking about those petty trivial things.
  You wish your brother wouldn't do that. 
Or 
you wish the grandparents would take the grandkids more. 
 You've told them over and over but they just don't get it, they just don't listen.

Controlling or caring 
only you can say where your heart is truly at.
For me it's always a little of both.

Have you ever said, 
"Well you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family."
I know I have.  
Have you ever rejected your family, walked away from it all?
Have you ever said; 
 "I should divorce my family." 
Guilty, I've said that too.
You know all those things I've ever spoken, were out of anger, were out of hurt, and frustration.
It still didn't make it right or o.k. for me to say it.

What if you were being drawn by God to follow Him and leave your family behind.
Could you do it? Would you do it?

There comes a day when God begins to reveal truth to you.
  You are at a crossroads.
  You have just woken up to the very truth that all you have ever known is a lie.
  You come face to face with God and you cry out;
 I want to leave the organization, but I don't want to leave my family.
Why can't they see
Why won't they listen
 Why can't they understand 
what I am trying to show them?
 I love my family.
 Why can't they love me that same way and just accept me!
 I know they will disown me and shun me, who can bear that. I don't think I can!

YOU CAN!

God told Abram;
"Leave your country, your relatives, and your father's family, and go to the land I will show you."

Is God calling you?
Jesus told us; "that a brother will betray his brother to death, a father will betray his own child...
And all nations will hate you because you are my followers.  But everyone who endures until the end will be saved."

Ok Lord, I give up my family, then what?
Jesus said;
"Everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life." 


Again Lord, let me get things all situated.
 Let me figure out how I'm going to do this.
 What I'm going say. Let me go back and do what I need to do. 
 I have to it's required.
Let me say good-bye, and then I'll follow you.
Jesus said;
"No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."


Ok Lord I have a lot at stack here.
You do He said, but what is the greater of the two your family or your life?
I do want to follow you, I really do but...
Jesus said;
"If people come to me and are not ready to abandon their fathers, mothers, wives, children, brothers, and sisters, as well as their own lives, they cannot be my disciples.

So those who do not carry their crosses and follow me cannot be my disciples."
"But don't begin until you count the cost.
For who would begin construction of a building without first calculating the cost
to see if there is enough money to finish it?"

"If you love me, you will obey what I command."

Lord, you're allowing me to exercise my free will.
Your letting me make the choice.

You want me. Your calling me.
Now I have to decide.
Wait...
You love me?
Even after all...
Even after all I've done?
Even after falling and believing the lie?
Yes, all who are hungry receive my grace.
You're loving me, even before I decide.
Yes
Obey me and honor your family.
I am Jehovah Nissi your battle fighter, you only need be still.

Precious one:
There is one that sticks closer than a brother.  His name is Jesus.
Love Him with all your your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.

Even though the journey is long, and it will be hard.
Jesus will see you through it all.






Genesis 12:1, Matthew 10:21-22, Matthew 19:29-NLT
Luke 9:62-NASB Luke 14:26-27 GWT Luke 14:28 NLT
John 14:15-NIV 1 John 4:19 NIV
Matthew 19:19-Ephesians 6:2
Exodus 14:14
Proverbs 18:24
Matthew 22:37





No comments:

Post a Comment